Friday, July 25, 2014

Gear List (ver 0.3)

I started my gear list around February 2014. It has changed a few times since then. The hard part about picking gear is that there is always something better/lighter/cooler than whatever I decide I am going to use. One of my biggest concerns is wasting too much money replacing gear I haven't used yet, or using gear that is too heavy or not practical. It's a delicate balance.

I was able to test out my gear on the trail, so I have a pretty good idea what is going to work and what won't. However, I have not been able to test my gear during the winter, so some cold weather gear has yet to be determined or may change between now and March 2015. Some winter clothing will also be sent home when no longer needed and replaced with summer clothing, so the list of clothes may seem excessive.

A final note before my gear breakdown: I do not consider myself to be an ultralight hiker. I simply can't afford it. I don't even have a scale to weigh my gear because I don't want to fixate on ounces.


Gear List (a work in progress):

Backpack:


Sleep System:
Hammock/Tarp Suspension:


Cooking, Eating and Hydration:


Clothing:


Miscellaneous:

1 comment:

  1. GoLite declared bankruptcy, so I guess no more GoLite gear =(

    ReplyDelete