Saturday, July 26, 2014

Trail Journals From a Short Section Hike - July 4, 2014

On July 4th 2014 I began hiking in Amicalola Falls State Park along the AT. I spent 8 nights on the trail and ended up covering about 80 miles. I wanted to experiment with a video journal instead of a written journal so I made a bunch of videos. I am very new to this, and my videos are probably very boring, so I apologize in advance.

On day 1 I ended up hiking 9 miles from the archway in Amicalola Falls State Park to the Springer Mountain Shelter.

So without further ado, here is my video from day 1 on the trail:


And some pictures I took that day (sorry, my camera sucks... the colors and exposure is all off):

Top of Amicalola Falls looking down
Just arrived at the summit of Springer Mtn.
On top of Springer
On the "Southern Terminus" rock
"Southern Terminus" Plaque
First white blaze
Springer Mountain Shelter log entry including typo (NoBo March 2015.. not SoBo)

No comments:

Post a Comment